Friday 13 August 2010

Let's go surfing now, everybody's learning how...

Luckily, I get to go on holiday tomorrow! Yay! Twice in a Summer isn't too shabby (especially with Offset Festival potentially looming to top off this holidaying season?!) For now, or should I say tomorrow, ma famille and I are heading off down to Newlyn, Cornwall. Among other things, this is the exact town of my mothers birth, so... nostalgic! And, whilst down, an activity of note includes coupling up with our cousins to tackle/meet our 92-year old G.D. (Great Grandad to you!) A double World War pilot/survivor! He's doing well for an old-timer, considering!

So, other than the mentioned 'necessary' activity, I'm sure more enthralling things will take prominence when discussing the holiday in retrospect. And, by this, I already know that having some proper surfing lessons will be a strong highlight!! These pictures (above) by World-renowned Surfer & Surf photographer, LeRoy Grannis encapsulate all that is majestic and cool RE: Surfing!! I've done all the body-board thing, and that's fun and all, but everyone wants to be able to surf! I can't wait! I can see a repeat trip if all goes well, as Sennen Surfing Centre looks the ideal place to learn the trade! Then, Bondi Beach, or Cali maybe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment