Tuesday 28 September 2010

Tame Impala can mean anything...

In this instance, they are a band. It's funny, as I look for some pictures of these grungy Aussie's, all I can find are images that look like they have come out of a Tame Impala biopic. Of course such thing doesn't exist, not in the slightest, but they have a good photographer. Or maybe it's more that they know how to find real enjoyment in what they do, and so when it's captured it's authentic and genuine.

I thought I would do this post, as last night I saw Noel Fielding tweeting about how he had an adoration for what these self-proclaimed 'psychedelic hypno-groove melodic rockers' are doing. His Twitteratti is way more far-reaching than my loyal following, and everyone knows, really, what Fielding says, goes...

So yeah, I was on to this one though, a week ago at least! But I'm not going to say anything... I don't need to, as Tame Impala say it best themselves, 'it's bombastic but it's swirling, think of the shoulder bones of a giant striding feline creature through some kind of tunnel. If Tame Impala's music reminds you of what you'd want to put on when you next visit your mind's engine room then they're happy. If not, whatever, it's just music. Put it on when the sun next shines. Basically it's all about the feeling'.

They are a much better Kula Shaker. They mix up a lot of influence from past psychedelic bands from the 60s and 70s, such as The Castaways, The Electric Prunes and The Amboy Dukes. With less than a handful of dates playing the UK at the back end of October, be sure not to miss them. Skeleton Tiger and Desire Be, Desire Go are standout tracks... while Solitude Is Bliss is a biggy too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment