Wednesday 29 July 2009

Been a while.

God! Sorry to blaspheme, or to use the Lords name in vain, but so much has happened recently and I annoyed that I have been cataloging my various doings. I have graduated, which was a truly rewarding experience - the ceremony was also led by eminent historian, and UEA's some-sort-of-chancellor/vice-chancellor, Edward Acton, which was totally cool from my historianised point of view!

After (a couple of hours later for precisions sake) came Latitude, as I shunned the Grad Ball and all its bull-shitness. Amazing. Festival equalled great people involved leading to an awesome experience. There were some tantalizing new bands there too! Met some well cool little kids, the sort that you think I want my kid to be like that if/when I ever have 'em! I was kind of left in charge of during Thom Yorke. Musically they were crazily talented (they could play like 3-4 instruments each!), at only the age of like 8 0r 10. It made me think... I have done little with my life yet... But hey, every cloud.

A brief respite, and then on to Paris. It had been a while since my last encounter with the grandeur of this great European city. A truly wonderful place. All the sites were seen, again! But this time with more appreciation! Furthermore, bumping into to fellow Lynn-ites was truly unbelievable, at the bottom of the Sacre Coeur! Paris does smell though! O, and then there was the pace and excitement of the Tour de France! A fascinating spectacle.

All in all, been very busy. More to come I am sure. Trains have been a summer friend of mine, lending to offer some excellent book reading time. My attentions have been taken by a book called 'God's Own Country' by Ross Raisin - a very witty, yet disturbing read. Peace muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment