Monday 9 November 2009

Not Philippe Petit. Better.

I woke up at 8:00 AM this morning. It was misty and uninspiring outside, but intriguing all the same as I lay there looking out of my window. Whilst being entertained by the charisma of Kelsey Grammer, my main thought was that it certainly feels Wintery now. I mean any weekend that entails one of the key Autumnal definers, the garden-gracing bonfire, kind of indicates that we are now Christmas-bound!

Reflection aside. I picked up the Culture magazine, a regular Sunday supplement that I divulge in, and headed to the music section for some inspiration... Maybe this could kick-start my day! The only warming salutation I received was seeing that the latest Robbie Williams (drug-fuelled?!) effort scored a lowly 2 stars, which at least reassures me that The Times critics are still on the ball. The other reviewed albums featured were all equally as unimpressive. Take That! Ha.

Thinking "Oh, once again Culture magazine how you have failed me". Alas, turning to the start page of the music section I was saved from another weeks audio drought! If (devoted readership) you're unfamiliar, there are usually four short summations of potentially enchanting new singles. For me, one stood out! Faith restored.

The band in question are called The High Wire and hail from the British capital. Yep, they be Londoners and... they be bloody brilliant. Not being able to find them on iTunes, I then discovered that they haven't yet released the single in question 'Odds & Evens', which is due out at the end of this month. Shame really. It is a proper trip to the psych-pop. A chilled out track perfectly suited to Summer lazing!

In essence, the track reminds me of hanging out in a park with a pretty girl. Well hmm... At November now, I suppose at least I have a few months to try and find one! A girl that is, not a park.

No comments:

Post a Comment