Friday 15 January 2010

Not a place for the faint of heart...

This is apparently the Grimsby branch of B&Q. I don't really have any need to go into places of such industrious scale that often. Not being a home owner means that I do not need a new bath, or any plaster board for that matter. However, my brother (in the construction trade) does. He has recently acquired a white van from his company, bringing home all the connotations with it, and he needed some more stuff to fill it!

I was bored so went with him. Everything is on such a vast scale, from the car parks to the size if the trolleys. We headed for the tools section (covering a good 3 miles sq.) and christ there is a selection. All the knives, saws, screw drivers, and axes you could ever need. This bought me to think... If you were going to chuck a mental, or a hold up, B&Q and the like would be ideal!

After browsing this vast selection, and also walking past a million unconnected toilet units to find that their was actually no customer toilet (humorously ironic), we approached the self-service checkout, which I thought were only in supermarkets?! Anyway, we put through the crow bar, stanley knife, and WD40. I thought as much, the supervisor came over.

She asked, "Have you got any I.D?"
I thought as much. For the crow bar right?
"Nah, for the knife..."

James wasn't old enough to buy the knife. You have to be 21 apparently. Despite this, we still walked out of B&Q 2 minutes later with the knife anyway. She didn't care! What's more surprising is that going back to my thoughts on raiding B&Q etc. You can buy a crow bar no problems, all you need is the £10.99 to pay for the baton of metal. Whoa. I know were I am heading if I need a domestic incident solving...

No comments:

Post a Comment