Tuesday 12 January 2010

They 'av taken liberties...

I suppose that this came about when I was playing a football game on a console. Talking to my opponent, the game became heated (in a friendly way) but the idea of football violence arose to me! I mean I am a devote Norwich City fan, but this is a club renowned for its 'family values'. This was apparent when I went to a match in October and my brother and I were shouted at by our own fellow Canaries to pipe down! This sparked me to shout 'Go sit in the away end!' Whoops! Anyway we went on to win 4-0 so all was good in the end.

What I am getting at though is football violence. Like I said, the most violence you will see at Norwich is an angered stare if Delia's half-time pie is not hot enough. But, this 'mean-streak' thinking was definitely more apparent in the 70s and 80s - showing from the video above! Cockneys having it out with planks of wood down Old Kent Rd! Sure. In light of all this, the other day I was watching TV and a 'Oi! I'm Danny Dyer' special was on about football gangs in Russia.

There Danny was prancing around Russia, being all hard, meeting football gangs and necking litres of vodka... Then came the Spartak Moscow Vs. Zenit St. Petersburg match that he was pumped to go and see. Hilarious. He started shitting himself before he had even got in the ground, and by half-time he had got his production team to get him out of the crowd. Flares were being fired, violent chanting. Stuff Mr. Dyer should be able to take in his stride... Coz he is aaard right?!

Turned out that a bunch of Zenit fans had spotted him in the crowd (Moscow end), and gestured a slitted throat. Well, there was always hope... Ha. But I suppose you can't begrudge the lad though for trotting off, especially when you take a look at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment