Tuesday 16 February 2010

Everybody Loves Raymond...

Yeah, they do. I do. Who doesn't?! Well, anyway... This is kind of how I feel about The White Stripes. However, firstly, I hate all Jack White's side projects. All of 'em! And, I also really dislike Icky Thump! A lot! It was terrible! But I see these as small career blips, which I have pushed to the back of my mind! Jack and Meg have been at the centre of a truly sweet band that have pushed boundaries since forming in Detroit, 1997. Fact! I mean seeing the video for Fell In Love With A Girl, even now, makes me uncontrollably (and perhaps uncomfortably) excited!

Therefore, it is with this harnessed giddiness that I am eagerly awaiting the forthcoming release of their first documentary Under Great White Northern Lights. This is going to be sweet! In the summer of 2007, The White Stripes embarked on a intimate cross-country Canadian tour to accomplish their goal of performing in every province and territory across the expansive northern nation. This film documents their journey, culminating with their 10th Anniversary show in Nova Scotia!

Directed by Emmett Malloy, the film shows Jack and Meg playing on a Winnipeg bus, in a bowling alley, and for tribal elders people, as well as just a single note at one show?! They have always done it their way, and I have total respect for that! It's why The White Stripes have maintained such longevity! I can't wait for the chance to see the film when it finally comes out as part of an extravagant (and seriously awesome-sounding) box set March 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment