Wednesday 10 February 2010

Faith in numbers...

My Nan would be less than impressed me mentioning this. I have just taken her to the foot doctors, as she has some leg trouble thats discomforting her! I pulled up, let her out, she was going to be an hour to an hour and a half! Man... I was wishing I hadn't agreed to this now. I only get 2 days off a week! I should use my time as fully as possible!

I was kind of left in a state of limbo. Shall I pop in to town, or go home? Nope. Instead I went to the supermarket! Brilliant! It's not as though I don't spend enough time in 'em already?!

Browsing the CD section, I was left stunned. They actually had the new Hot Chip album. Awesome. I still had a wedge of clubcard vouchers to get through, so physical CDs have become a part of my spending again! I got to the checkout. I bought some wax crayons, the new David Nicholls novel, and said music. All fairly avoidable purchases... Aha! The Euromillions ticket I bought last week! I better get it checked! (I must admit at the time I was not very optimistic of winning anything, as I never have previously?!)

My lottery rules. I only ever buy tickets when I am feeling lucky, which is not that often. And, I only ever buy 'lucky dip', as to not make purchasing these tickets a regular event! So... I rocked up to the customer service desk. The ticket was put through the machine. I had already anticipated, "Sorry, you're not a winner".

However, to my surprise, I was a winner! Excitement took over, the value credited didn't even matter! Just the fact that I had won was enough! I thought 'lucky dip' was rigged, and that you always lost. This suspicion has now been dispelled! £24.60

I was happy. Enough of an amount! I went back to pick up my Nan. I shared my success with her. She replied, "You jammy sod!"

No comments:

Post a Comment