Wednesday 28 July 2010

A Field. A Day.

I had been looking forward to this for too long! But, as usual I have managed to cock it all up, and have made myself unable to attend this years Field Day festival, Victoria Park (31.07.10). Just great! Seriously, I'm so hacked off. Pulling a sicky is so tantalizing, but Beni, although being ridiculous, burnt a bit of a hole in my pocket!

Basically, the main reason for being so bummed out is that all the bands that I have been championing, more or less, are playing on various stages throughout the day! Whether it's Atlas Sound, Toro Y Moi, Caribou, Silver Apples, Mount Kimbie, Moderat, Fake Blood, These New Puritans, No Age, and Egyptian Hip Hop, to mention a few...

To quote... "East London’s finest festival is back for it’s 4th year with yet another spectacular line up. Field Day has firmly cemented it’s place in the UK festival calendar with a plethora of aural delights and rustic merrymaking... whilst off-the-wall Village Green area, 'Village Mentality', will supply plenty of rural fayre".

All I would say is... Just GO! Tickets are still available for around £30. I know how much I am missing out already! Plus, I was going to go with a mate I hadn't seen in a while! Please, if anyone wants to A) stump up some cash to finance the day B) cover my shift at work - well, then, that'd be lovely! However, reality bites. Next year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment