Thursday 14 October 2010

It's gonna be Freize-ing...


This weekend will be the second time that I visit Freize Art Fair, however, it probably won't be cold. I must say that I think £25 is pretty steep for entry, but it is the UKs most important 'pop-up' Art emporium for the four days of the 14-17 October. With somewhere in the region of 170 galleries from around the world, showing, Freize provides a unique opportunity to see and buy work by leading artists, more of just the 'seeing' will be done I reckon...

A redeeming highlight I'm sure though, will be (one of the main justifications for said ticket price) the artist talks that Freize, being an art-world heavyweight, can draw in for questioning! Last year it was Baldessari, this year, no other than Wolfgang Tillmans and 60s Op-Art pioneer, Bridget Riley. Both are cracking minds that will no doubt be tapped! Hopefully, I will get in early enough to get a ticket to see Riley revealing all! Freize - a good crack if you've never been!

No comments:

Post a Comment