Thursday 10 December 2009

Sir Patrick Moore would think...

As I stare out my window (with my ears), into the shoegaze-y sky (keep with me here...), I become distracted and infected by a certain constellation - a musical one, known as Washed Out. Or more specifically/scientifically, it shall be named The Ernest Greene constellation, whose lo-fi chillwave (yes, it is being touted as that!) has proved thoroughly engaging.

My reason for drawing spatial euphemism’s in this post is necessary. The vast topic of space and the universe has a sort of synonymous link to this genuine, homemade, 80s-sounding dreaminess. Floaty synth repetition in track "Belong" bought me to two things, being lost in the thought of space in the early hours, coupled with being whisked away to a desert, standing in front of a mirage thinking why the fuck is my vision all blurred?!

This is why I like it. Greene's tracks provide an escapism, confusion, and have a general incomprehensibility about them. It is probably best to just sit back and let "Feel It All Around" and "Good Luck" take you.

Drift away...

Washed Out

No comments:

Post a Comment