Sunday 13 December 2009

Bruv... Chek ma bare rude kicks!

We have all been there... You walk past the garish Soccer World sign, the shit type of sports shop that you only ever find in bad Malls, which incidentally always sell rogue Rubin Kazan footy shirts from 1992, and store footballs in big football bins! Basically, they are terrible, yet you always seem to find yourself going in... brilliant!

I am there, in front of the wall of trainers, Chavs either side of me eyeing up the Air Max. Sore thumb doesn't even cut it! Anyway, I look down the wall of Reeboks mentally selecting the ones I would and wouldn't wear... I turn around, there they are, a classic pair of black Fila trainers! Boom. I am literally thinking "too good to be true".

The sneaks in question have everything. A comfy inner-sole, a thick enduring heel. They are the type of shoe you find stacked up in boxes with one demo-shoe on top. All this for the small sum of £10. Crazy. They even had my size too. So, I suppose what I am getting at is that although Soccer World's look, and genuinely are bloody terrible, you can unearth a retro bargain!

On a side note, you always get some heavily made-up Chav-bird cashier. You know, the type of girl that wears gold doll necklaces, and have terrible chat. Always a laugh. On a serious note though, I do think Chavs have the right idea. Their aesthetic, all about comfort and warmth. They are no mugs. Joggers, hoodies, beanie hats, shock absorbing trainers. These are guys that like to take care of oneself!

No comments:

Post a Comment