Tuesday 25 May 2010

Soon to be.

I bought a pair of Air Max recently to find that they don't suit my feet, and just look a bit stupid and naff. And yeah, I suppose these could look equally foolish, but this offering from Asics that I have now fallen for are great, and unlike their meshy Air Max cousins, as my Mum rightly said, "at least their made all of leather." Wise. Durability is an issue!

I found these on a web-rummage when I recalled a good trainer shop in Norwich, Main Source. They have a real good range of rare and trendy stock. Asics is obviously an unconventional choice in the 'leisure trainer' category, but these have the desired aesthetic. Featuring clean lines, complementary colouring, and a techy gel-sole thingy - all a bit more cheaply than their rivals, whilst providing better quality.

What's more, it seems to be the 60th Anniversary of Asics this year, so why not celebrate with a pair of comfy Gel-Lyte Speed. This Japanese brand has worked extremely hard since 1949(ish) to grow on a global scale. Plus, true to it's country of birth, Asics has flourished in a serene, tranquil, and appropriate way, unlike Adidas and Nike who have always been more boisterous and brutish in the market. For me, the former seem to be the wholly better option! Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment